Search This Blog

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Ladybug nymph

Insects are amazing creatures. Their adult appearance is often nothing like their adolescent appearance, and the ladybug is one of those insects where the nymph is dramatically different from the adult.

This is a close-up of a nymph on one of my plants in the window box. She Who Must Be Obeyed knew what it was straightaway. Comes from hanging out with 6 year-olds, I guess! As near as I can tell from searching the Internet, these nymphs do not eat plants - they eat insects who eat plants. This one is walking down - head to the right side of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin