Search This Blog

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Theme Day - Night

It's the first of the month, and another theme day for the City Daily Photo blogging community. This month's theme is Night. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

I think this might be the most difficult theme day I've participated in. I could not come up with an idea to save my life. I almost posted my shaky hand-held photo of the International Space Station going overhead, but figured that would be a speck of meaningless light to most everyone but me.

So I chose the Moon instead. It turned out to be an interesting job to get the exposure just so - I wanted to keep the trees but I didn't want the Moon completely washed out either. If I ever get my act together and learn to use the Gimp I'll be able to tweak photos like this one, but for now, this is what was captured by the camera.

5 comments:

  1. But yesterday wasn't full moon! It's cool though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moon is such a difficult subject to photograph. It throws off so much light believe it or not, that allowing the background and the moon to have equal light is impossible without photochoping.

    Slinger - Twin Cities

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out very good. I need to try GIMP also. I had a hard time with this theme day and night shots are one of my favorites to do.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin