Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Maker's mark

Through a light dusting of snow, the imprint of the people who made my sidewalk many, many years ago. They ought to be proud at how well it held up. Researching the name gave me a 1947 advertisement in the local newspaper:

Cement Work

Attention, Home Owners

VISCO AND SONS

Are now equipped to take care land-

scaping, sidewalks, curbs, driveways,

garage and cellar bottoms. 1741 Ave-

nue A 3-6190


That last is the telephone number. These days, we dial 7 digits.

1 comment:

  1. That's ME!
    Well, it's my grandfather, my father, and his brothers.

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin