Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

Ready for rain

As you can see, this is an old pair of shoes. I don't polish them because I want them to be ready for inspection, but because I have a tendency to ride the motorcycle in the rain. The polish helps protect the shoes.

Maybe I ought to clarify what I just said. I don't intentionally ride in the rain, but I do sometimes ride on iffy days. Today, the National Weather Service is calling for a 60% chance of heavy rain, mostly between 1pm and 4pm.

It sprinkled a bit before I took this photo. I don't know if you can tell from the patch of the back step showing between the shoes. I'll probably ride if it doesn't rain before I leave. I don't like being wet when I'm at work. If I get wet on the way home it isn't so bad; I can always change clothes when I get home. I feel grateful that I have a choice - some people work outside rain, snow or shine.

This tin of shoe polish must be 20 years old. It's got enough polish to last another 5 more. What other product is still useful 25 years after you bought it? Amazing stuff. I had to research why it is called Kiwi. It turns out that the inventor, an Australian, was married to a New Zealander, and named it in her honour. How sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin