Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wildflowers

I don't know the name of these, but they come up by themselves in various places every year. I have a soft spot in my heart for the native plants so I am not as tidy about trimming and pulling as I probably should be. All in all, I'll trade a messy looking fence for these beauties!

Edit: I found a web site that helps identify flowers: http://www.realtimerendering.com/flowers/flowers.html and it narrowed my search to the point that I could identify these! It turns out they are called yellow toadflax, or butter and eggs. They aren't native, although they've been here since the 1600s so it seems to me they might as well be. Their scientific name is Linaria vulgaris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin