Search This Blog

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Turtle heads

I guess that I'm in touch with the seasons because it was almost exactly a year ago that I posted a photo of these flowers! They are called turtleheads, Latin name Chelone obliqua (chelone meaning tortoise). They start blooming about now, and are native to the area. As usual, few gardens seem to host native species; we seem to have a desire for the exotic.

Anyway, I looked back and noticed that my earlier photo was a close-up. You can imagine that I was all set to post another close-up, but I thought that wouldn't be fair so I went out and took a wider view. There's a bee on the left side, working her way through each flower, one by one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Whenever Flowers bloom, I always get this feeling of freshness and happiness! And Your photos gave me that feel! Even your last post about Turtlehead is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing this and for dropping by Cavite Daily Photo! Hope to see you there soon!

    Mabuhay from the Philippines!

    Steven^^

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin