Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sparrow in the mulberry bush

This mulberry is well on its way to becoming a tree! It's funny; a very old maple tree was growing here and its branches were coming down on the overhead electric wires so the power company cut it down. Almost immediately, this mulberry began to grow, sprouting out of a small space between the old stump and the sidewalk.

Although young, this tree serves to shelter small birds like this sparrow. When I took this photo there were about a dozen of them flitting in and out, between the mulberry and the hedge a few feet away. How they maneuver in between those branches is a mystery to me and I've watched them doing it for years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin