Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Monthly theme day - Fences

On the first of the month, the City Daily Photo blogging community chooses a theme for us to post a photo of.  This month, the theme is fencesClick here to view thumbnails for all participants
 
I must admit that I didn't look up the theme until a few days ago, and then I scrambled to take photos of fences like a madman.  They were all horrible.  Industrial.  Commercial.  Common.  And then I saw Ciel de Quimper's post and knew that these would not do.  So I started looking through the archives.  And remembered this.

This horse was at the Love Apple Orchard's petting area.  He was interested in me because I was feeding him clover.  At the time I took this, I was hoping the fence would be less... prominent.  Because afer all, isn't the horse more attractive than the fence?  I think so too, but in this case, the fence isn't there to stop the horse from roaming about.  It's there to stop the goats from annoying the horses.  With this fence, this industrial, chain link fence, the horse can walk a few feet and be untouchable.  If he wants, he can be away from annoying goats.  And annoying people.  I felt privileged that he chose to spend a few minutes with me.

F Number7.1
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length30.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 60.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/320
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO400
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin