Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

What's missing?


Yesterday, I decided to get off my lazy behind and take a walk.  Winter is depressing enough - being stuck inside only makes that worse for me.  The temperature hovered around freezing, the wind was low and the sun was out, so I decided to wander through my nearby sanctuary, Vale Cemetery.  I was more than a little surprised at the changes I encountered, and I'll try to use those changes as a reason to be more regular in my posting.  For this post, there's something important missing from this picture.

It is 29 January and there is no snow.

I can't recall anything like it.  We get the occasional flurry, and the ground is cold enough that it sticks, but even if the ground is cold and the air below the freezing point, sublimation makes the trace amount of snow disappear anyway!  Normally, I'd need snow shoes to walk down this hill, which is on the south side of the vale - the shaded side.  The side that always has snow.

Except for this year.

F Number5.6
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length14.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 28.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/200
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin