Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Gullies


Walking along the Mohawk River, I often came across small gullies, where rainwater drained from higher ground.  In just about every one, a line of seedlings can be seen sprouting up.  They look like maple seedlings to me, but that's just a guess.  My hypothesis is that the maple seeds got washed into these gullies, and because their wings are bulky, they got stuck here.  It's so neat to be walking on this uniform tan mud and see a thin line of green in each gully.

F Number8.0
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length37.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 74.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/200
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin