Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Pileated woodpecker


Walking out of work today I heard a very cool bird, and saw this pileated woodpecker digging bugs out of the ground.  I got a few photos of him, but having forgot to set the ISO high enough for the late afternoon light, they are quite blurry.  As he flew across the parking lot to more distant trees, I followed him.  It's still blurry, but I like how it turned out anyway!  This image is cropped from the larger one.  I really need a fast prime lens for this camera...

F Number5.6
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/25
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin