Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Theme Day - Tranquility


On the first of each new month, the City Daily Photo community choose a theme, and we try to post a photo that we feel realises that theme.  This month's theme is tranquility. Click here to view thumbnails for all participants - the participants are from all over the world, and their ideas are simply marvelous!

This is from the wood next to the soccer field we go to.  The soccer field is on the edge of Central Park, and there is a mountain bike path that runs through here.  There are streams and bridges over those streams, although I think I might have rode my bike over that when I was younger I don;t think I would do so today!  Anyway, soccer practice was over, the kids were all heading for the cars and it was quiet.  The air was still and I could hear the birds in the forest, the slow trickle of the water, the voices of the children, glad to be finished with their workouts.

F Number5.6
Lens IDLUMIX G VARIO 14-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length31.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 62.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/30
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

9 comments:

  1. What a tranquil scene indeed. It's nice to see the calm water. But the small bridge looks quite fragile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is tranquil, and very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing combination of reflections, nature and natural materials. Tranquility achieved Buck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT for ME, is no way tranquil. I am a wobbler. Really, that is my defining characteristic. And I dare not go upon that bridge. But it is okay, I am better being a Billy Goat Gruff than just about anyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tranquil from afar . . . it wouldn't be so tranquil if I stepped upon it ... my balance is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the little bridge. You'd have to walk across very slowly and carefully; tranquilly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very tranquil scene indeed! I am feeling more calm already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little bridge is narrow, but it's quite sturdy. The good news is that there is a very nice path which runs through the woods; no need to venture across a questionable footbridge to enjoy this scene. Thank you for all the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful capture - so calming and zen-like :)

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin