Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Astro Buck


I wish!  This came to Schenectady with the lunar touch sample.  It is a static display with the back open so you could climb in and have a photo taken.  My wife knew I couldn't resist.  I love the idea of flying in space.  I spent 5 nights on a nuclear submarine with small racks (beds) no privacy and equipment sticking out into every inch of living space.  Loved it.  I think I could do a 6 month tour on the space station, easy.  The old Mir, maybe not so easily but I'd still have gone.  Skylab, oh yeah!  Yes, I love the idea of being an astronaut.

As for the suit, well it's not a Shuttle EVA suit, and it's not an Apollo EVA suit and it's not a Russian EVA suit, but if you look only at the top half you can imagine you're in a current suit!  I am such a geek!  Actually, a few years ago I have the privilege of meeting a NASA space suit designer named Amy Ross.  Who got into the space business through the influence of her dad, NASA astronaut Jerry Ross.  I got to put my hand in one of the gloves she worked on - oh how cool!  She came to the Schenectady Museum too.

F Number6.3
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length14.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 28.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/320
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO400
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

  1. Oh, no fair! I don't remember seeing a suit like this at KSC. Otherwise I would have had my picture taken, too. You lucky guy!!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin