Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Signs of election day






Today is election day in the US.  If one watches the news on TV, reads the papers, Twitter, Facebook or the comments to just about any YouTube video, one could easily assume that the only elected official in the country is the president, and that he has the sort of powers to govern that the absolute monarchs of yore couldn't even dream of.

I live in New York, and both major political parties have taken our presidential vote for granted.  There aren't many signs for president out in my neighbourhood, and in fact, there aren't many campaign signs in my neighbourhood whatsoever.  I was reduced to blindly pointing the camera out of the car window to capture this cluster of signs while on my way to work.  Like most of the campaign signs I do see, these are for state level elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin