Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Monthly Theme Day - My Street

Each month, people in the City Daily Photo community choose a theme and we post a photo that we feel interprets that theme.  This month, the theme is My Street.  Julie at Sidney Eye has a page that showcases all the entries - do have a look!

Mother Nature blessed us with a dusting of snow last night.  The little one bundled himself up and made many a footprint and a few snow angels first thing this morning.  Spot the cat escaped out the back door and pulled up short when he realised he was standing in this chilly white stuff.  He sniffed around a bit and came back in.  We have many neighbours who came here from Guyana.  The amount of snow on the ground is so small that it doesn't come up over plastic flip-flops.  (Guess how I know that!)  The weather is supposed to warm up tomorrow - I fully expect this snow to be totally melted by then.  It didn't occur to me to get a snow shovel out.  But my Guyanese neighbours are more careful than I am!

F Number6.3
Lens ID-45mm F3.5-5.6
Focal Length45.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 90.0 mm)
Exposure Time1/250
Shooting ModeProgram
Exposure ProgramProgram AE
ISO200
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

22 comments:

  1. It looks like our snow sprinkling, lovely winter wonderland (not brave enough to venture out there in flip-flops though)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's exciting to wake up to snow! not a snowflake in sight here in virginia...60 and sunshine! a pretty snowy view of your street...keep warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great "Schenectady" shot. I've been there in snowy times (MANY years ago) and I remember it like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're getting a little bit of this now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not looking forward to my street looking like this. But it is pretty, in a way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the peek into your world. I smiled when I enlarged the photo and saw your neighbor shoveling the snow. He'll learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forget the snow, the houses are wonderful. Late 19th century maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like just the right kind of snow: you can outwait it and let it melt. More than this and it starts becoming a way of life, including the mandatory shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, it looks normal! I think this is the way most neighborhoods look, all over the country. Our town was incorporated in 1925 with older homes having been built only around 1910-11, so there's no established heritage, really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so cold. It would be great to experience a white Christmas, just once.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This southern girl spent a winter in Cedar Falls, IA and one in Neenah, WI. I will never be the same. We still don't have our coats out down here. Stay warm!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've got a little bit of Americana right here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never having experienced snow my entire life, I'd probably react exactly like Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful shot. I envy your dusting. We are really late with our snowfall. I am starting to miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Buck, thanks for comment on Nelson DP. We are heading to summer so the snow covered street look somewhat refreshing. You might felt other way around in my post. Have a nice rest of weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We awoke this morning to a very heavy frost - I'm sure the snow will be here before long.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You already have snow? Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am impressed by the snow...

    ReplyDelete
  19. A real Christmassy setting, thanks for the comment and the poetry link. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very nice seasonal street scene. Like you, we have had only one light dusting of snow. Thanks for stopping by on theme day. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So amazing to see the virtual opposite of my street!! Snow vs Summer - not sure what I'd prefer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many comments! Thank you all so much... I have never had this many comments before!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin