Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Monthly Theme day - Best photo of 2012






Each month, on the first, the City Daily Photo community choose a theme, and we try to interpret it as best we can.  This month, the community is taking a break, so there's no official theme for January, but traditionally, we've done a retrospective - a 'Best of the year' photo.  Gerald at Hyde Daily Photo has put up a Linky that gathers the 'Best of' posts.  Sharing that is the main reason I'm posting today. 

I myself didn't have a prolific year, photo-wise.  I found my motivation somewhat lacking, and missed quite a few days.  No New Year's resolution to do better; I want to be more regular, but I'm not really sure where my inspiration has got to.  In that spirit, I found the October Monthly Theme to be an unusual source of inspiration.  I took a lot of photos of this slowly moving water, and then struggled over whether I should post-process any of them.  In the end, I decided I liked this one, just as it is.  I can see the man hole cover with bits of sand on it, and of course the water too.  Reflected in the water I see trees, my house, clouds, the sky and even a crow!  Serendipity meets persistence.

Is it my very best photo of 2012?  I'm not sure how to decide that, but it strikes me as the one I'm most proud of.

5 comments:

  1. It is certainly striking. I wouldn't have realised what was reflected there if you hadn't said. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's original and I love it. Do you know that below the equator the eddy turn clock wise ? ;-) --- Happy New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be proud of it too, wonderful reflections. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find moving water sort of poetic and meaningful your photo is an example. Happy New Year!...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. It's a great "Best Photo"!

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin