Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

Amaryllis

I almost never give up on a house plant.  I have gangly poinsettias that were left at the office three and four years ago.  I bring them home, move them outside in the summer and bring them back in for the winter.  Somewhere along the line, I picked up an amaryllis.  (The only reason I know this is that there's one of those plastic identification tabs stuffed in the pot.)  This amaryllis went followed the same path as the rest of the oddball plants.  Outside for the summer and back in before the frost.  It lost all of its leaves before I brought it in, but that didn't stop me - I could plainly see the bulb, and figured that I'd save it from the frost.  I sort of lost track of it after that.  It's pot sits inside one of the pots containing a spider plant and what looks like a begonia.  It got watered somewhat infrequently, and it's very hard to find any sun inside, but I move them around when the opportunity presents itself.  Despite my abject neglect and even forgetfulness, this amazing flower has decided to bloom.  I'm (almost) speechless. 

LensMinolta MD 50mm f 1.4
F Number2.4
Focal Length50.0 mm
Exposure Time1/40
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO200
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

No comments:

Post a Comment

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin