Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Harvest moon

The Harvest Moon is the full moon closest to the Autumnal Equinox here in the Northern Hemisphere.  The story is that farmers used to use this bright moonshine to help them gather the harvest.  Maybe.  All the farmers I know get up early, but it is quite bright; bright enough to cast a shadow and bright enough to walk on irregular fields without tripping every other step.

I took out the old Tamron zoom lens that I used to use on my 35mm Minolta film camera.  Mounted on a tripod, the combination of the Tamron and the Lumix G1 wasn't too bad.  I shot through the opened attic window, used Silkypix to develop the raw file into this jpeg.  I kind of like the abstract look.

LensTamron Adaptall 2 80-210mm f/3.8
F Number8
Focal Length420.0 mm
Exposure Time1/60
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO100
Exposure Compensation0
FlashOff, Did not fire

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic shot ! Now I'm lusting over a longer telephoto lens (lens-envy?!).

    ReplyDelete

The spammers have struck. Due to this I will be moderating all comments. Sorry for the hassle, but it's the only choice because I refuse to turn on word verification.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin